Going nuts

Going nuts

I need a day off from posting photos about how my neck of the woods is turning into Antarctica, so let’s switch things up a bit.

They say a person can become addicted to crack cocaine after using only one or two times. I am quite certain that the addictive lure of crack pales in comparison to that of the pistachio nut.

While at the grocery store the other day (buying supplies before the blizzard started, and, oh, hey, would you look at that, I am talking about snow again), I made an impulse buy: a 1-pound bag of pistachios. Seventy two hours later, the contents of that bag are gone.

I highly advise anyone who wishes to be even the least bit productive to not place on their desk a 1-pound bag of pistachios—not unless that person is willing to trade in their productivity for a compulsion to crack and eat and crack and eat and crack and eat and I swear I’m only going to crack and eat one more of these and then I won’t reach back in the bag and grab another handful of pistachios like I’m doing right now even though I told myself I wouldn’t and yum let me continue to crack and eat and crack and eat …

Temptation, thy name is “Pistachio Nut”!

p5rn7vb

1. Posted March 4, 2009 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

Oh great, thanks. My mouth is watering looking at that photo. I can taste the salt. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow and now I just know I’ll be adding this to my basket. The idea is firmly planted.

2. Posted March 4, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

It took you 72 hours?

Hell, I’ve recently polished off that bag in about 72 minutes, and that was with a potty break. Now I have to unbutton some pairs of pants because my belly instantly gained an inch.

Thanks for the torture photo. Really.

3. Posted March 4, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

It’s kinda like NCIS where Abby ask Gibbs if he has ever tried to eat just one Pistachio.

4. JMZ2
    Posted March 5, 2009 at 7:20 am | Permalink

I would like to join the “I OD’d on Pistachio’s Club” as my Tuesday night dinner consisted of

* 1 beer
    * 1 half bag of Sunkist Pistachio’s

Did you ever realize that there is/was a bubble gum dispenser full of pistachio’s at Mike Munroe’s house? I think it might be hereditary…

5. Posted March 5, 2009 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

I love them also!!!!!

6. Posted March 5, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

I need a hit. I’m starting to twitch.

• Posted March 5, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Alison: You’re welcome. (I’m actually on the payroll for the pistachio industry. Thanks for making me worth their while.)

Lynn: You’re also welcome. I’m here to help.

Ferngoddess: I’ll take your word for it; never seen NCIS.

JMZ2: Yes, there’s pistachio in our DNA.

Brenda: Of course you do. What’s not to love?

Lindsay: You know a pistachio dealer? If not, I’ve got a guy who can fix you up.

7. pete
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 11:54 am | Permalink

hungry now? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090331/ap_on_he_me/salmonella_pistachios_13

first peanut butter, now this. what’s left for a man to snack on?