Stuff it

Stuff it

Someday, my children will say to me, “Daddy, what happened to it?”

And I will say, “What happened to what, dear children?”

And they will say, “Our inheritance.”

And I will say, “You wanted toys.”

That’s Texas Armadillo Ranger on the left, and a bear who may or may not be named Austin on the right. (Depends on Jayna’s mood.) And I can tell how much Zan loves me, because he waited at least a full minute after my arrival before asking me on the way to baggage claim if I had brought him anything from Texas.

1. Posted March 25, 2009 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Isn’t that just the way it is! I can’t ever go somewhere away from home without having my arms full when I come home for the little ones. ;o)

It’s like a second Christmas for them, they know the parental guilt will kick in while your away and they score!

2. Posted March 25, 2009 at 1:41 am | Permalink

LOL. My dad was a pilot and I expected something from him after each and every trip! The older we got the less often it actually happened, but there was always the HOPE that there would be a little something extra in his bag!

3. Posted March 25, 2009 at 7:58 am | Permalink

My Husband use to travel alot and he started off bringing home something for our daughter , little stuff animals this went on for awhile then it would be the snack from the plane, bag from business class with the eye shades and socks then just lint from his pocket!

4. Kelly
    Posted March 25, 2009 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Living in Austin, I have to say, that armadillo has the face of a great white shark. Still cute, but if you hadn’t said what it was I would still be wondering what it had to do with Texas.

5. Posted March 25, 2009 at 10:25 am | Permalink

I agree with Kelly…it looks more like a shark. Sure doesn’t look like any armadillo I’ve ever seen in Houston!

6. Posted March 25, 2009 at 10:39 am | Permalink

It may look unlike an armadillo, we need a full photo to evaluate. On the other hand, what kind of parent would give their kid a realistic looking armadillo dressed in a cute outfit or not????