Color Explosion

Color explosion

I was having guilt pangs about not keeping up with Photo of the Day this past week, so I got you all some flowers. Do you forgive me?

Credit again goes to Wonder Woman for yet another shot from Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. She keeps this up and I’m going to have to put her on the payroll. Of course, since I have a $0 operating budget, I won’t feel it.

Interesting Photoshop fact: In the original version of this image, there were no fewer than six strangers and a baby carriage scattered throughout the entire grassy area to the rear of the flowers, from the left side of the photo to the right side of the photo. One of them was sitting against the base of the tree, in fact. Makes you wonder how much of what you see in the media is real, eh? [Cue spooky conspiracy-theory music!]

m4s0n501

1. Posted April 25, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

Looks peaceful (even if it’s been edited to look this way)…

2. Posted April 25, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

oh and btw of course you’re forgiven :)

3. Wonder Woman
    Posted April 25, 2009 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Umm, thought it might be worth noting to you, my dear Daddy Scratches, that Wonder Woman accepts other forms of payment ;)

4. Posted April 26, 2009 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Beautiful pic! LOL on Wonder Woman’s comment!

5. Posted April 26, 2009 at 10:34 am | Permalink

clone stamp is awesome!

6. Posted April 26, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

Wow, great job with the photoshop! I’m still trying to figure out how to remove a garbage can from a cute playground shot.

7. Posted April 26, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Regaring the Photoshop stuff: I didn’t use the clone stamp, and I spent maybe five minutes total removing the people. The best way I’ve found for removing something large is to use the lasso tool to outline the object you wish to hide, then drag the outline you’ve made to an appropriate area adjacent to the object you wish to hide. Then copy and paste the region you’ve selected, which results in a new layer containing the area you’ve copied, which is shaped exactly like the object you wish to hide. Drag the pasted region in the new layer over the object you wish to hide, and it covers it perfectly. In the image above, that was about all I needed to do. If the pasted region doesn’t blend perfectly with the rest of the image, you can flatten the image and use the blur and/or smudge tool to feather the pasted region into the surrounding area.

8. Laura
    Posted April 26, 2009 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

Yeah, awesome ‘shopping. I am but a Photoshop novice and I admire your skill. Great picture, too!

9. Jamaica
    Posted April 27, 2009 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Breathtaking!

10. Paula
    Posted April 27, 2009 at 10:57 am | Permalink

I miss Longwood! Especially this time of year, with all the blooms! We moved from Media, PA to the west coast 1.5 years ago, and I still havent found something that comes close to Longwood. I think it might be the only thing I miss about PA…except maybe Rita’s….