Flashback

Changing seasons

For all you folks who live someplace where one season doesn’t vary all that much from the next, I offer this little slice of life in New England:

This is Zan and I on a field at the bottom of a little hill where we went sledding just a couple months ago.

Tomorrow, we will be playing tee-ball on that very same field.

I predict that, while standing on that field tomorrow, I will spend precisely 0.0 seconds wishing I was surrounded by snow.

1. Posted May 2, 2009 at 3:05 am | Permalink

I can certanly agree with that notion, I live in a country where snow is a rarity (although it gets cold enough here, we mostly get rain during winter instead of snow), but when on these rare occasions we do get snow, I do my best to stay inside… Love your photo though

2. Jen
    Posted May 2, 2009 at 3:50 am | Permalink

I used to say the same thing when i was shoveling my driveway in the middle of the winter and just as i got it cleared the damn snow plow would come and block my driveway again. Now I don’t get snow ever. I miss it terribly and actually have to drive several hours to see the stuff. Of course I don’t miss shoveling, or driving in it, but seeing it every once in awhile is nice :)

3. Posted May 2, 2009 at 11:56 am | Permalink

I agree I love having four seasons. Where we live now we have rain or no rain.
    I miss the snow and hot days. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

4. Posted May 2, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Some season changes are nice, I enjoy what we have here in Colorado after living in both Minnesota and Arizona.

5. Posted May 3, 2009 at 11:35 am | Permalink

I moved from SW Mass to AZ. For that exact reason. T-ball in May, in the snow. Crazy. Give me my heat all year round, thank you.

6. Posted May 20, 2009 at 3:15 am | Permalink

I’m a canadian enjoying way too much snow every year (can you hear the sarcasm). Every spring I am always amazed at how fast all those feet of snow melt away. I don’t miss it much when its gone :)