Liquid Fireworks

Liquid Fireworks

I’d love to tell you that the title of the photo was my own creative epiphany, but it’s actually the proper name for this particular water show, which is housed at the same place as that giant Wally I showed you a while back.

I actually took a bunch of photos, but this one struck me as being the coolest and most colorful.

When I was a teenager, some friends and I were at a local mall, and that mall had in the middle of it a big fountain. On a dare, I took my shoes off, stepped into the fountain and flopped face first into the water, completely submerging myself.

I have to assume that, somewhere in the world, there is at least one person who was shopping at the mall that day who still tells the story about the whacked-out skinny kid with the mohawk who jumped into the fountain. Yes, I had issues.

I’m guessing the parents who bring their children to the above-shown water show would find it a lot less amusing to see an almost-40-year-old father of two dive into the fountain during the performance, and that police and criminal charges would ultimately be involved. Thankfully, I’ve managed to restrain myself.

I suppose publishing a blog is my comparatively more refined way of jumping into a fountain in front of a bunch of strangers. Enjoying the spectacle?

1. Posted June 2, 2009 at 11:08 am | Permalink

That is GORGEOUS!

2. Posted June 2, 2009 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Nice! I love the fountain story…and I do enjoy the spectacle!

3. Posted June 2, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Your post brought back a very old memory for me…the 70′s…hippy girl…wading in the Reflecting Pool in D.C. I actually had a couple of people ask if they could take my picture that day…so somewhere out there are a couple of photos of me doing something I thought was so cool, but now it’d be a cold day in hell before I’d do a repeat performance!

4. Posted June 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

Cool pic –

I saw your message about followers up and comments down…you go too long between posts…We need more from you!!! ;o) Speaking from a first hand Daddy Scratches addict. LOL

5. Posted June 2, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Definitely enjoying the spectacle and the stories – awesome photo!

6. Posted June 2, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Love to see a photo of you and your mowhawk! Classic!

7. Sonia Swensen
    Posted June 2, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Love the picture! Love the story even more! I have done some similarly ludicrous things that were funny to me, but must have been more than obnoxious to the innocent bystanders.

8. Jen
    Posted June 2, 2009 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

yes, picture of the mohawk would be hilarious… you should dig one up and make that a ‘photo of the day!’

9. Posted June 2, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Totally cool photo. Thanks for that one.

10. reen
    Posted June 2, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Ooooooh, so pretty! I third (fourth?) the request to see a photo of the mohawk!

11. Posted June 5, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

I’d looove to see a Mohawk pic too! I also had a mohawk when I was a teenager, well actually a trihawk (much more feminine).