Happy Feet

Happy Feet

Remember these?

When last we saw them, I had just learned that the identical replacement pair I ordered was out of stock, indefinitely. I scoured the Internet looking for another vendor who had that particular slipper in my particular size, but it seemed that finding a unicorn would have been easier.

SO …

I rolled the dice and ordered a different model made by the same manufacturer … and when they arrived, I put them on my feet and tried to convince myself that the alien feeling would grow familiar, and the tightness was all in my mind, and besides, even if they were a bit tight, surely they’d stretch as I broke them in.

“Do you like them?” Wonder Woman asked.

“Um … kind of,” I answered.

And it was at that point that she advised me to return them, because she knew. She just knew. Even as I was trying to convince myself that I could live with them, she was fast-forwarding in her head to the part a few weeks from now when I’d still be bitching about how the new slippers just weren’t as good, and how I couldn’t believe that I wasn’t able to find the same kind that I had before. And she was right.

So I sent them back, and scoured the Internets yet again, and found a lone vendor who had, like, one pair left in my size … and when that pair arrived, I slipped my feet into them … and it was like falling in love all over again. Ahhhhhh.

m4s0n501

1. Posted June 5, 2009 at 1:00 am | Permalink

Yea – I can totally sympathize…I am a freak about my slippers. I have like 6 pairs people have bought me or I myself trying to duplicate the feeling of my Fav’s, but no luck!

Enjoy..

2. Posted June 5, 2009 at 3:14 am | Permalink

WW is a wise women you should ALWAYS listen to her!

3. Posted June 5, 2009 at 3:17 am | Permalink

Slippers? Aren’t they what old people wear?

4. Posted June 5, 2009 at 6:54 am | Permalink

People who work outside the home and have to wear real shoes all day just don’t understand the importance of a good pair of slippers!

5. Wonder Woman
    Posted June 5, 2009 at 8:50 am | Permalink

6. Posted June 5, 2009 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Does that tag say “Old Friend”? Well, anyway I’m glad you found your old friends again!

7. reen
    Posted June 5, 2009 at 11:52 am | Permalink

I am this way about my godawful-looking fuzzy Crocs (used as outside slippers). By the time I wear them out, they’ll be hopelessly out of style (as if they’re in style now, HA!) and unavailable so I’m starting my grieving process now.

8. Posted June 5, 2009 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

This is an excellant reason to buy a pair of shoes and then go back a week later and buy the same pair again. Get on the internet again and find one more pair of those slippers, you’ll thank yourself a few years from now.

9. Posted June 5, 2009 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

I wish I had a pair of shoes/slippers/sandals that I like enough to only wear one make and model. It would be much cheaper if I did.