Playdate

Overheard just now:

Zan: My Dad knows more about baseball than anybody. He knows balls and strikes and everything.

Friend: Oh yeah? Well, my Dad knows Terry Francona and all the Red Sox.

Zan: Yeah, well, do you know about concerts? After concerts, my Dad gets to go backstage.

This entry was posted in Parenthood, Zan. Bookmark the permalink.

1. Michelle
    Posted June 22, 2009 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

How cool is that?! Good boy, Zan. Score another one for the Daddy Scratches.

2. Posted June 22, 2009 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

You win! Hurrah!

But MY dad has knightrider, streethawk and Airwolf in the garage so HE wins.

3. Posted June 22, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

You TOTALLY won that one! Happy belated Father’s Day…

4. Posted June 23, 2009 at 2:39 am | Permalink

Awesome!!! You just moved up in his book…

5. Posted June 23, 2009 at 6:53 am | Permalink

You are too cool for school!

6. Posted June 23, 2009 at 9:50 am | Permalink

You must be all puffed up with pride πŸ™‚

7. Posted June 23, 2009 at 11:36 am | Permalink

K so I discovered the Pioneer Woman, thanks to your blogroll, on what should be one of my most productive workdays in video-editing history.

Read: ob-SESSED! (using my opera voice)

8. Posted June 23, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

Hysterical! My fav part is “do you know about concerts?” — the other kid probably thinks you have backstage access to Sesame Street Live.

9. Posted June 23, 2009 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

I had a conversation like that when I was a kid. “Oh yeah, well MY dad played backup harmonica for Eric Clapton!” Except the other kid didn’t know who Clapton is, so I changed my retort to “Okay well I know who Eric Clapton is!”

10. gail
    Posted June 24, 2009 at 8:31 am | Permalink

And my sister told her friend after Dad fixed the roller skate, “See? Didn’t I tell you my Dad was a genius?” Doncha just love it when parent wins?

11. Posted June 24, 2009 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

You will always win like that. Always. Take it from Bossy and her backstage ass.

12. Posted June 25, 2009 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

This would absolutely THRILL my youngest son! He’ll be a college freshman this fall and is planning on majoring in journalism. His goal? To write for music magazines, such as Rolling Stone.

Personally, I think he just wants backstage passes to concerts.

He’s going to see Def Leppard, Poison, and Cheap Trick tonight.