Got tequila?

Have a drink on me

You know what I have at home? I have USB adapters galore. Lots of them connect to my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, thereby allowing me to transfer from said Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT to my computer the many pictures I’ve taken.

I also have a USB 2.0 card reader that allows me to transfer pictures from my camera’s CF card to my computer.

And seeing as how I have such a plethora of connectors and devices with which to transfer from my camera to my computer the photos I’ve taken, you would think that I would update with great regularity my Photo of the Day feature whilst on vacation, as I seem to being doing an otherwise shitty job of keeping up with my blogging duties.

Of course, in order for that to take place, I’d have had to have remembered to pack and bring with me one of the many connectors and devices that could ostensibly be used for moving pictures of my in-progress vacation from camera to computer. And while I clearly see in my mind’s eye what appears to be an honest-to-goodness recollection of having done so, I apparently blew it.

Which is why, this morning, after going for a run gasping and sweating my way through a moderately paced jog on the boardwalk, I hobbled into a tourist-trappy camera shop and paid $40 for a CF card reader—because, dammit, Internet, I care. I care about you, and about my blog … and about showing you why, this week, my blog isn’t getting the attention it deserves.

The reason has to do, in part, with my cohorts and I drinking copious amounts of tequila (three of these bottles have already been emptied), and, in part, with us spending copious amounts of time on the beach.

Don’t give up on me yet, people; I’ll get this place cranked back up to normal cruising altitude sooner rather than later.

1. Posted July 22, 2009 at 5:51 am | Permalink

Love Patron…..it’s a good excuse!

2. Posted July 22, 2009 at 6:53 am | Permalink

–>Thanks for rubbing your vacation in for those of us working this week. Hope you have a good time!

3. Posted July 22, 2009 at 7:15 am | Permalink

Um, obviously there are some Patron fans in the group! I’m a margaritaholic myself. Margaritas on the beach, even surreptitious ones, are awesome. I hope you’re enjoying your vacation, too. Love the boarwalk leading to the sand pic.

4. Posted July 22, 2009 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Well…you’re obviously having a good time! Drink one for me :)

5. Holly
    Posted July 22, 2009 at 10:56 am | Permalink

I’m a lurker usually, but a frequent lurker as I am sitting at home for 2 months of my summer studying for the Bar exam (and longing for a vacation filled with sand and alcohol, but not sand in the alcohol). I have only recently discovered this whole mommy/daddy blogging world and find it to be an excellent source of distraction (study break) while I slog through the most boring material in the world. All that to say, you’re one of my favorite bloggers I’ve found in my aimless fits of procrastination this summer and I’ve been sad not to see so many posts, in part because it means I have less to distract me from studying, and in part because you’re pretty damn funny.) So thanks for finally posting.

6. Posted July 22, 2009 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Ahhh, Patron. I think my stomach just did a flip. Just looking at it makes me sick to my stomach.

Word of caution: Don’t take a Xanax thinking you are going to stay home for the night then when friends drop by and want to take you out…. do not take shots of Patron mixed with Xanax. I left many deposits along the way on Interstate 5.

7. Posted July 22, 2009 at 11:17 am | Permalink

good lord and i thought i was an alcoholic. TEQUILA!!

8. reen
    Posted July 22, 2009 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Sweet! Both the booze and the boardwalk commute. Looking forward to more vacation pics – you’ve earned a break!

9. Posted July 22, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

I want a vacation like that!!

10. Posted July 22, 2009 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

The internet forgives you so long as you “take one down and pass it around!”

11. April
    Posted July 22, 2009 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

Ya I am sick of you neglecting your blog, I depend on you to lighten my mood!

12. April
    Posted July 22, 2009 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

However, do have a good vacation!

13. Posted July 23, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

That is a whole lot of tekillya sitting right there. :) Sounds like you are having a good time.. I hope the screaming and wailing doesn’t wake you up too early each day. But if does, you can always spike their juice! :)

14. Laura
    Posted July 24, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

^ Ah, but that’s the beauty of a family vacation. When the little ones wake up at the crack of dawn, grandma and grandpa are there to intervene!