Do you see an apple pie in there? Me either.

Do you see an apple pie in there? Me either.

Yes, Internet, I am using my blog as a means for letting my lovely wife know just how badly I want for her to make the apple pie that for weeks she’s been promising Zan and me she would make. I thought it was a done deal this past weekend … although I knew we were on shaky ground when Zan asked her Saturday, “Mommy, when are you going to make me and Daddy an apple pie?,” to which Mommy responded, “I have all the ingredients we need, buddy!” … which, you may notice upon closer scrutiny, turns out to not actually be an answer to the question he asked.

Allow me to rephrase it for him: Mommy, when are you going to make Daddy and Zan an apple pie?

(Hint hint.)

m4s0n501

1. Posted August 4, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

That’s a nice empty pie plate you got there!

2. Posted August 5, 2009 at 1:55 am | Permalink

Perhaps you could offer to help her…. maybe peel the apples because for me that’s the pain in the ass part.

3. Susan K
    Posted August 5, 2009 at 7:00 am | Permalink

Are you volunteering to help peel and slice the apples? Or maybe get the kids out of her hair so she can have time to make it?

4. Laura
    Posted August 5, 2009 at 8:18 am | Permalink

You’ve got 2 ways in which to approach this one, the first being the “bug her until she makes it, and it tastes less than stellar because she’s a little pissed at you for bugging her” method…or the second, in which you and your son get all the ingrediants out and begin to make the pie. GUARANTEED that one gets you the pie, dude. I’ve never cooked a Thanksgiving turkey to completion in my life by employing method #2. All it takes is a huge mess, maybe a fire (small one) and about 200,000 questions that really show you’ve got no fucking clue. Gotta be proactive!

5. Sue V.
    Posted August 5, 2009 at 10:14 am | Permalink

Laura – Wow! So that’s what my husband has been doing – I’m a total sucker! I’ve fallen for that a thousand times!
    Daddy Scratches…go with #2! It works, I have proof!

6. Posted August 5, 2009 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

oohh…your asking for it now! LOL

7. Melanie
    Posted August 5, 2009 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Bake you own f’in’ pie! KIDDING! :)

8. Wonder Woman
    Posted August 5, 2009 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Laura, I’ve been trying to employ tactic #2 on our front hedges and it is not working. Must make MORE mess!!!

9. Posted August 5, 2009 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

Stick with tactic #1! A promise is a promise, and you sir deserve a pie! However, if my wife is reading this, I’m starting the honey-do list right now, and dinner will be on the table in 5 minutes.

10. Lynda O
    Posted August 5, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

I’m feeling your pain–apple pie is my favorite too.

Avoiding answering the asked question is a time-honored Mom Dodge.