Does a dinosaur ... glare?

Does a dinosaur GLARE?

One of the books Jayna frequently chooses at bedtime is “How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?,” in which a two-page layout of a grumpy-looking brontosaurus is accompanied by the question, “Does a dinosaur GLARE?” … and each time I read that question, Jayna demonstrates for me her ability to glare … which, clearly, she has perfected.

And I know some of you are looking at me with this same expression right now, and you’re saying, “Dude, where the hell is Part III of that White Mountains mini-vacation story you were telling us?”

It’s coming … tomorrow. Sorry; my blogging time the past few days has been dedicated to upgrading my publishing system to the latest version of WordPress, and if the folks at WordPress are listening: OK, I’m all set with updates for a looooooong time, guys! Let’s stick with this version for a while, shall we??

1. Posted September 9, 2009 at 2:57 am | Permalink

Perfect. I am now grateful that my now 20 year old never actually perfected her glare. She’d usually quickly fall out in giggles proving to me that she really wasn’t that serious about it in the first place.

…waiting for part three…
    .-= Kelly´s last blog ..I Can’t Afford to Wait =-.

2. Posted September 9, 2009 at 4:11 am | Permalink

OMG she is good!! That glare will take her places!

3. Posted September 9, 2009 at 7:51 am | Permalink

That is some good glaring right there!
    .-= Lauren From Texas´s last blog ..That Time I Almost Died. =-.

4. Posted September 9, 2009 at 10:38 am | Permalink

That is intense!
    .-= Casey´s last blog ..Angel Food Cake with 7-Minute Icing =-.

5. Posted September 9, 2009 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

That’s a look my wife gives me, and she has promised to teach our children someday to do the same.
    .-= Joe´s last blog ..The Graying of a New Generation =-.

6. reen
    Posted September 9, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Spot on glare! Whoa!

7. Posted September 9, 2009 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

wow, she is good!

If she purses the lips a little more, and ads a bead of sweat running down her cheek, it would almost be my 4-year-old’s constipation face :)
    .-= Scott (simplefather)´s last blog ..Do You Want Your Kids To Be Better Than You? =-.

8. Posted September 13, 2009 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Oh…..
    I know that look all too well. Of course the one I am familiar with is accompanied by violent foot stomping and tightly straightened arms by her sides…fists clenched so tightly that the circulation may just be cut off to other parts of her body…like…oh, say her barin which is clearly not receiving rational thoughts at the moment!
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Returned to the Sea =-.