Girl on the Cob

Girl on the Cob

As my long, slow descent into the dark and dreary depths of fall and winter in New England continues, I figured I’d take another look back at summer.

The photo above was taken at my uncle’s place during our annual Labor Day Weekend fiesta … you know, the weekend when I keep telling everyone that summer doesn’t officially end until late September, even though I know that’s just a technicality?

1. Posted October 1, 2009 at 5:19 am | Permalink

Corn on the cob is definitely one of those summer things I’ll miss.
    .-= toadmama´s last blog ..The Final Countdown =-.

2. Posted October 1, 2009 at 6:55 am | Permalink

She is gorgeous – what a great pic!
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola Smashed Potatoes. =-.

3. Posted October 1, 2009 at 8:55 am | Permalink

Cute!

I’ve just been to Istanbul and over there they have loads of street vendors who deep-fry them, and they eat it quite dry. Got to be sampled, it’s delicious!
    .-= Raz´s last blog ..The Last To Leave =-.

4. Posted October 1, 2009 at 9:06 am | Permalink

–>Sigh, I hate the end of summer too. I picked my last tomato from the garden yesterday.
    It’s a cute picture of your daughter though!
    ~deb
    .-= WebSavyMom´s last blog ..Fore! For Four plus One =-.

5. Posted October 1, 2009 at 10:50 am | Permalink

As much as I’m ready to see our 100 degree temps go out the door, I’m not quite ready for fall yet. Maybe it’s just because with each passing season I see my kids growing up faster and faster before my eyes and I’m so. not. ready.

Great photo!
    .-= kim´s last blog ..Decisions Decisions =-.

6. Jamaica
    Posted October 1, 2009 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Love me some corn…and my kids to, too! That looks de-lish!

And if you’re still in the mood for summer…jet on down here to FL! All we have is freakin’ summer..sadly says this hot flashing, peri-menopausal momma!

7. Posted October 2, 2009 at 7:58 am | Permalink

I don’t know abou New England, but we’ve had some pretty warm Octobers the last couple years. Alas, not this year :(
    .-= Will´s last blog ..This ‘N That =-.