Olive Branch

Olive branch

Before the whole Childfree controversy erupted last week, I was unaware of how completely inappropriate it was for my wife and I to have procreated, what awful parents we must be, and what a burden it is upon everyone around us when we take our terrorist-like offspring out in public. Now that I’ve been enlightened, I just want everyone to see all of the precautions we’re taking to avoid causing any further trouble.

m4s0n501

1. Islander
    Posted October 18, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

hahahahah you crack me up!
    You know, of course, the idiot fringe will call you on this!
    They have no sense of humor on these matters.

I’d like to see you get back to the regular, delightful context we know and love.
    Enough of these hateful dimwits!

2. Posted October 18, 2009 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Where did you get those straight jackets?? My boyfriend has a kid that could do with one…

Thanks for your wonderful blog! One day you will have to tell us all how you told your kids about this – um – ‘exchange of opinions’ – and got them to sit for this picture. Are you having the picture printed and hung on the wall with the other family pictures? :-)
    .-= Ine´s last blog ..Romania and its dogs =-.

3. Posted October 18, 2009 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

That is great. I didn’t notice the chastity belts right away, but that was a classy touch.
    .-= Joe´s last blog ..12 Pack of Ramen Noodles =-.

4. Louise
    Posted October 18, 2009 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

LOLOLOLOL! Love It!

Ps. I would like to order a straight jacket now, please.

5. Posted October 18, 2009 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

Oh,boy. You’ve been having fun gathering up those Hallowe’en costumes, haven’t you. NOW the real fun starts–State Children’s Services will be around soon. Love the chastity belts.

.-= Gullible´s last blog ..The Russian Journals, Part Twelve, the Kizhi Island Museum =-.

6. Posted October 18, 2009 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

OMG, laughed ’till the cat ran off scared! Use that for your Christmas Cards!
    .-= Will´s last blog .."Pregnancy Stupids"; Not Just For The Pregnant, Or Pregnancies! =-.

7. Posted October 18, 2009 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

OMG, that is HYSTERICAL.
    .-= toadmama´s last blog ..Sharing Our Cabin with Friends =-.

8. Posted October 18, 2009 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

That picture made my day!!!
    .-= Calamity Anne´s last blog ..This Ol’ Gal Needs a Break… =-.

9. Posted October 18, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

–>Hilarious! I didn’t notice the belts at first and wondered if WW was on to a new style for a second before it all clicked. Thanks for the chuckle.
    .-= WebSavyMom´s last blog ..Flashback Friday (Part 35) – Not All Ladybugs Are Ladies =-.

10. Posted October 18, 2009 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

Holy crack me up til I pee my drawers! That is one hilarious photo.

That should be your holiday card.
    .-= Restless Mama´s last blog ..My smile factor =-.

11. Posted October 18, 2009 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

I had to explain the whole backstory to my husband before showing him the photo. We were laughing so hard and then when I asked him if he noticed the chastity belts, the raucous laughter began anew! Whatever trouble you had to go through to get the props was well worth it, in my opinion. I think they just didn’t know who they were messing with, did they?
    .-= Randi´s last blog ..Sunday Serenity 10-18-09 =-.

12. Krista
    Posted October 18, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

lmao I LOVE this photo! This is AWESOME! I say perfect for a wall hanging photo & christmas cards! lol I’m half tempted to get a photo kinda like this & use that lol

13. Lee
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 7:54 am | Permalink

OMG, rofl. I sure do hope tomorrow’s post isn’t about all the new hits you just got from the bondage faction. They might be even more strange.

14. Krissyn
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 9:32 am | Permalink

oh my god, that is too funny… I love your humor!

15. Jamie (mom of 3)
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 9:41 am | Permalink

So funny! You crack me UP!!

16. Lizzy
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 11:20 am | Permalink

As a parent of three (I’m damned to a special place in hell, apparently), I appreciate that you are teaching your children to have a” sense of the ridiculous”, as my grandbreeder used to say. Your critics (and I’m definitely not one of them), obviously don’t.

And I love what you’ve done with your duct tape!

17. Posted October 19, 2009 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

Great job! I love it.
    .-= Kelly´s last blog ..I Want it That Way =-.

18. reen
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

LOLLYLOLlolol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can tell the kids are smiling under that duct tape – cuties! Thanks for making my day with this photo.

19. Missy
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

TOO FUNNY – I love this picture

20. Liz
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

LOL LOL LOL!

Still laughing. Love it.

21. Veronica
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

I, for one, can not believe how cute your kids are with duct taped mouths. I have always wondered about the use on my own 3 kids (yep, I’m a moo X 3).
    Great picture, great sense of humor, glad you stood your ground.

22. Lopez
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

You’re terrible!!!

23. Milissa
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Leave it to WW to make a chastity belt look HOT, right? lol

I was trying to explain the back story to my husband, but it took me a while to stop laughing. I would like to add my support for the suggestion of using this as your Xmas card photo this year!

24. Posted October 20, 2009 at 8:28 am | Permalink

My kids are a bit big now. I may need help getting them to stand still while I put those accessories on them!
    .-= Momcat´s last blog ..Expecting the unexpected. =-.