Good point

Plablo the Talking Penguin

Scene: Zan and Jayna watching “The Backyardigans.” Penguin character named Pablo is shown sitting atop the bow of a viking ship.

Aaaaaaand … action!

Jayna: “What? Zan, how did Plablo get up there?” [Yes, "Plablo."]

Zan: “He climbed.”

Jayna: “He’s a penguin. Penguins can’t climb.”

Zan: “Penguins can’t talk either, Jayna. It’s make-believe.”

Fin

This entry was posted in Quoting Jayna, Quoting Zan. Bookmark the permalink.

1. Sarah Taylor
    Posted November 16, 2009 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

SWEET!!! Good going Zan.

2. Posted November 16, 2009 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

kids are so perfect :O)
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Project Mulberry Bush – Weekend Recap =-.

3. Tracy S
    Posted November 16, 2009 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

LOL Reminds me of the time my sister and I were discussing where the heck Ruby and Max’s parents are and why Ruby is always taking care of Max. Then we started laughing because it didn’t bother us they were talking rabbits t hat wear clothes, not that wasn’t the problem at all~just the missing parents! LOL

4. Posted November 16, 2009 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Out of the mouths of babes!!! Too funny!!!

5. Posted November 16, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Too cute and too funny! Great story!
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Rat Babies =-.

6. Gail K.
    Posted November 17, 2009 at 7:33 am | Permalink

That about sums it up. The penguins we saw at the Aquarium on Sunday thank Zan for restoring their dignity. Beanie hats and bowties indeed. One should know you ALWAYS wear a TOP HAT with your bowtie. Jeez.

7. Posted November 17, 2009 at 8:35 am | Permalink

Freakin’ hilarious! I’ve often been concerned about seperating TV from reality with kids. Thanks, Zan, for the ray of hope!
    .-= Will´s last blog ..She Smiled! kinda =-.

8. Posted November 17, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

–>That’s awesome!
    .-= WebSavyMom´s last blog ..An Unwelcome Guest =-.

9. Posted November 17, 2009 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Lightmin NaQueed…ever heard of him?? you know, the famous racecar! ha!
    .-= Angela´s last blog .. =-.

10. Posted November 17, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

Geez. Kids these days lack the innocence of their parents’ childhood, when She-Ra (Princess of Power, if anyone needs a refresher) was as real as the Rainbow Brite smiling back at you from your novelty bedsheets. What’s next? A premature understanding of Santa Claus and Tooth Fairy? Honestly, if they keep this up, there will be absolutely nothing with which to threaten them. “Because I said so” just doesn’t have the same je ne sais quoi as “That’s it! Santa is SO not coming this year.”
    .-= Kate House´s last blog ..The Wickedly Delayed Quarter-Life Crisis Continues =-.

11. Shelley
    Posted November 18, 2009 at 11:07 am | Permalink

My son says Plablo too! Funny!

Backyardigans is by far my favorite kids show. :)

12. Posted November 18, 2009 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Yeah, jeez, I mean, even I knew th……wait….uh…..

Damn, kids are smart….
    .-= Braja´s last blog ..Ask me no questions and I’ll tell y…no wait, that doesn’t work…. =-.

13. Kristen
    Posted November 20, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

This totally sounds like a conversation that would happen between my 3 and 5 year olds!