Stringing you along in grand fashion

Stringing you along in grand fashion

See, here’s the thing about having a woefully neglected blog and walking around Manhattan for six hours with camera in hand: lots of Photo of the Day material.

And do you really want to see another picture from inside Grand Central Station? Perhaps not … but I’m trying to ease my way back into this whole blogging thing now that my oft-referred-to, but-never-fully-revealed (sorry) family crisis appears to be resolved (praise Sweet Baby Jeebus) … and getting back in the habit of posting my Photo of the Day(-ish) feature seems like a good first step.

Thus: another picture from inside Grand Central Station. But, seriously: You have to agree that it’s a rather spectacular building, no?

I think there might be one more Grand Central Photo of the Day in your future, too … as well as shots from elsewhere in the Big Apple … but I promise that some of my witty, insightful, always-riveting, invariably long-winded entries are also on the way. So, you know, there’s that to look forward to.

p5rn7vb

1. Posted June 30, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

For those of us who don’t live there: awesome shot. Are those constellations painted on the ceiling behind the pillars? Next time I go to NYC, I’ll have to check it out — I’ll be the one looking like a Total Dork Tourist, since I’ll spend the whole time looking up at stuff.
    .-= Didactic Pirate´s last blog ..How To Help Your Kid Kick Ass At EVERYTHING =-.

2. Posted June 30, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

That is a gorgeous building! And if I ever get to NYC (and I *will* get there one day!) that’s one of the first places I’m headed to!

Oh, and I can’t wait for some of your witty, insightful, always-riveting, invariably long-winded entries to find their way back into my reader!
    .-= Gigi´s last blog ..Is It Hot In Here =-.

3. Gail K.
    Posted July 1, 2010 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Looking at Grand Central in pictures you get to appreciate just how beautiful it is. When you are inside it rushing around – not so much.

Looking forward to the return of the Daddy-Bard!

4. Posted July 1, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

This is just lovely. The composition, lighting, tones…gwagous! I’m partial to photo posts myself.
    .-= BuenoBaby´s last blog ..Bumping elbows with Gwen Stefani at American Girl Place =-.

5. Caroline
    Posted July 1, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

This is such a beautiful picture! I love Grand Central Station and always feel like a huge dork when I’m there (not often) because I stand in the middle of the huge room and marvel at the ceiling. I just love it!!

6. Posted July 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the compliments, y’all. :)

7. strange one
    Posted July 1, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

I love the angle in this one. And I’m glad your mysterious family crisis has been resolved.

8. Posted July 1, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Love the picture. I was at Grand Central Station a while back, but not with my camera. They just don’t make buildings like that anymore. Thanks for sharing. Great shot!

9. Posted July 2, 2010 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Love that shot of GCS! Lovely, just lovely. Glad your family is back on track. Hope the move situation is going smoothly. Happy July 4th!!!