Talk to the hand(s)

Talk to the hand(s)

Miss would prefer that you not take her picture right now, thank you very much. She’d also prefer that you stick your camera in an uncomfortable place.

Have something you want to say to this one, or some parental directive you need for her to obey? Well, consider this photo a visual representation of her compliance with such things … and be thankful that she does not yet know how to flip you the bird, because that would no doubt be her go-to gesture if she knew of its existence.

She turned five a week ago today, and I plan to soon write her annual birthday letter, but most of my blogging endeavors (and sleeping endeavors and eating endeavors and everything-else endeavors) have been sidelined by the house-selling and house-buying madness of the past few weeks.

As the 900-or-so bots following me on Twitter already know, we recently accepted an offer on our house here in the Boston area, and spent this past Friday and Saturday searching for a house in the Philadelphia area — and, on Sunday (the Lord’s day, no less), the sellers of the house we decided we wanted accepted our massively low-ball offer, for which we thank and praise sweet baby Jeebus.

And, lest you doubt the degree to which He played a role in our acquisition of said house, I present to you a sample of the sellers’ preferred bathroom-reading material:

*shudder*

It’s a pretty safe bet that they definitely wouldn’t approve of the hedonistic shit that is about to go down in their soon-to-be-former home.

m4s0n501

1. Gullible
    Posted July 19, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

I think Miss is tired of being in the camera’s eye, specifically: too much attention lately? Or not enough?

2. Gullible
    Posted July 19, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

Or maybe that’s your pay-back for the apple slices.

3. Posted July 19, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

Ha. Love the reading material. And I love the reference to Baby Jesus. Not sure if that was a reference to Ricky Bobby or not, but that’s where my mind went. Congrats on the offer, too.
    .-= Joe´s last blog ..My Wife is Pretty Funnyin Four Parts =-.

4. Posted July 19, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Huh. A serious Catholic. Is that a Catholic who is known for being serious, or a Particularly Devout Catholic (P.D.C.)? You may very well find out at the closing. Good luck with that.
    .-= Kate@And Then I Was a Mom´s last blog ..The Little People go to the water park Ahoy =-.

5. jef
    Posted July 19, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

you are just like dooce!

6. Posted July 20, 2010 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Congrats on finding a home so quickly! Hoping we can sell and buy sometime before the infant sleeping in our closet goes off to elementary school.
    .-= muskrat´s last blog ..by air and by sea- to see a newly minted 4-year-old =-.

7. Posted July 20, 2010 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Sadly, I cannot get the image of the pamphlet and the activities that go on in said room out of my head! Congratulations on the stars aligning!
    .-= Meg at the Members Lounge´s last blog ..Potpourri for 100 =-.

8. Posted July 20, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

I always refer to the Voter’s Guide for Half-Assed Catholics myself.
    .-= beta dad´s last blog ..RTT- Returning to Cali after a week in Montana =-.

9. Posted July 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Just stumbled onto your blog from across the ‘web via dooce. Congrats on the real estate dance-a-go-go and welcome to Philly. I’m now ensconced 45 minutes west of downtown, but get to Center City lots.

10. Posted July 21, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

LMAO… Just sayin’!
    Kari Anne´s most recent blog post: My STAYcationMy Profile

11. Posted July 21, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Congratulations! Sold old house. Check.
    Buying new house, Check.