Mi casa

Mi casa

So there it is: Our new home.

And I’d show you a better picture of it, but, unfortunately, shithead extraordinaire that I am, I neglected to take a single photo of the place while we were there over the weekend deciding to buy it. Thus, the shot you are looking at was taken this morning by the home inspector we hired.

It’s very weird to look at a picture of a house that is 350 miles away and realize that you soon will be living there. Fortunately, I’m totally stoked about the place … particularly the yard, which is twice the size of our current yard. Many a game of catch will soon take place on that lawn.

Also? I have a garage. A GARAGE! Right now, all I have is a carport and a shed … the latter of which is so jammed packed with bikes and outdoor toys and various yard-work paraphernalia that, in order to get that one thing you need, you have to take out everything else. Soon, however, I shall push a button and watch as the door to my new garage magically opens and presents to me a delightfully spacious place in which to easily store the abundance of shit that needs storing. (And please don’t spoil my storage fantasy by bringing up the fact that there won’t ever be enough room to also put an actual car in the garage, because LA LA LA LA LA I’M NOT LISTENING TO YOU.)

In addition to the yard and garage, I’m also stoked about the brick exterior — not only because of its ability to repel the huffing and puffing of big, bad wolves, but also because I will never, ever, ever have to paint it.

PS: Here’s the side view:

Lotsa lawn, I tell ya. Lotsa lawn. (Perhaps this excites me so much because, in my current house, I can lean out the window and grab something from my neighbor’s refrigerator?)

m4s0n501

1. Posted July 20, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

Congrats!!! It’s very cute and what a great yard – you’ll have to get a riding lawn mower. And yay for garages!!

2. Posted July 20, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

Nice home. Nothing beats a great lawn to do handstands and practice some kind of gymnastics. YAY… Riding mower for sure.
    .-= virginia´s last blog ..Oy Vey! =-.

3. Kelli
    Posted July 21, 2010 at 2:37 am | Permalink

It’s lovely. Congratulations! Just think how much closer you will be to your annual trip to the shore! I will miss the travelogues of how long it took you to get there and what happened to the car mere days before you were to leave, but we’ll get happier posts about the gorgeous shore, your amazing family and just how many bottles of Patron were killed in the process. i know that you are all stressed out with no one to choke right now, but hopefully, this is closing in on the end of that!

4. Posted July 21, 2010 at 4:12 am | Permalink

This is marvelous. You can fit everything you want in the garage – you need to go to Lowes or similar type store and look at all the magical storage ideas for garages. People who know how to organize have decided to help those of use who are organizationally challenged. Its like looking into another world of possibilities.
    The downside is that you have to implement them. I just bought them, but didn’t actually implement them. After a year of just sitting in a pile in my garage emitting guilt feelings, my organizing sister took pity on me and set up the garage with all of the cool stuff. Now my garage is like an OCD dream come true.
    .-= sara´s last blog ..Nonsense Peddlers – why we listen =-.

5. Posted July 21, 2010 at 5:26 am | Permalink

Beautiful house & yard. I won’t say a word to despoil your dream about the garage. Not one word.
    .-= Gigi´s last blog ..Best of Friends =-.

6. Posted July 21, 2010 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Wow. That’s awesome. Now you need a dog or two! (Sorry, I’m on a dog kick lately…)
    .-= ToadMama´s last blog ..Um- Wow =-.

7. Posted July 21, 2010 at 8:08 am | Permalink

I hate moving, but that is terribly exciting to have sold your house, and have found the right home in Philly. Very exciting indeed.
    .-= MidLifeMama´s last blog ..The Strength and Power Within =-.

8. Anna
    Posted July 21, 2010 at 8:10 am | Permalink

It looks lovely. Congratulations! I wish you and your family all the best with your move and settling in.

9. Posted July 21, 2010 at 8:41 am | Permalink

It looks great – lots of lush greenery. Yea, that is a big yard. You need to get one of those cool riding lawn mowers to maintain it: complete with beer holder near the gearshift.
    .-= Didactic Pirate´s last blog ..RTT- Birthday Wrap-Up- Mel Gibson- and Geek Love =-.

10. Carrie
    Posted July 21, 2010 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Way to go Daddy-O! What a nice home…and the brick with black shutters and white trim? CLASSIC.

11. Posted July 21, 2010 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Wait. Did you say 350 miles away? Where the heck are y’all moving to, Philly?

Seriously. Are you moving here? Huh? Are you? Huh? Because! Bossy Blog Parties! WOO!
    The Domestic Goddess´s most recent blog post: Haiku For You and You and YouMy Profile

• Posted July 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

We are, indeed, moving to Philly. :)

And I expect a raging Bossy Blog Party to welcome us. ;)

• Posted July 21, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

SWEEET!

Also, also, you don’t have to say it over the internets or anything, but you wouldn’t happen to moving to the same-ish town that your in-laws hail from, would you? Because that would make us practically neighbors(well, ten minutes/a blue route exit away).

12. Jamie, Mom of 3
    Posted July 21, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Wonderful! You’ll love it I’m sure! Congrats!

13. Posted July 21, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

LOVE the yard!! And so will Zan and Janna!! AND…just make sure you leave enough room in the garage for the car…I didn’t…LMAO…
    Kari Anne´s most recent blog post: My STAYcationMy Profile

14. Posted July 21, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Nice new home! Hope all is well with the inspection. Great yard. Now you get to pack and throw stuff away.
    Feast

15. Janet
    Posted July 21, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Nice! Very, very nice! Looks like a wonderful place to move your family , and your kids are so young, they will adjust quickly :) Good luck with the move, looking forward to posts about moving out, then in!

16. Gina
    Posted July 21, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

I love that house. I can’t wait to see pictures of the inside (hopefully). The yard is spectacular. I live in Southern California in tract housing and the yard is postage-stamp size. UGH. Someone said you need a dog. YOU NEED A DOG ~ and some fencing to go with him/her! Your kids will think you’re God.

Enjoy it. And your garage. We have a two-car garage and neither of our vehicles ever makes it inside ….

17. Dorice
    Posted July 22, 2010 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Beautiful house! I’ve always loved brick houses. But, being that I live in earthquake California, brick = not so good. Who’s going to mow all that lawn?

18. Posted July 22, 2010 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Congratulations on the house. It’s very charming [even when photographed by a home inspector]. Also, when you mentioned the home inspector took the shot all I could think of was…well at least I’m looking at a shot of the house and not the water heater. Those photos the home inspector gives you of your electrical box and crawl space are ones for the photo album!
    BuenoBaby´s most recent blog post: The sequelMy Profile

19. Posted July 22, 2010 at 11:14 am | Permalink

Woohoo! That is a gorgeous house. I’m pretty jealous…living in AZ right now I should be buying my first home what with the ridiculously low prices and all, but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards. You, on the other hand, are legit. Jealous.
    Kara´s most recent blog post: No mojoMy Profile

20. Posted July 22, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Yeah, you need a dog to add to the mix of craziness that is the life of Daddy Scratches. Oooo, or maybe a goat to help you take care of the lawn!
    Katrina´s most recent blog post: Breast Cancer MonkeyMy Profile

21. ORKMommy
    Posted July 22, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Definitely need a riding mower! Make sure you listen to Metallica on your iPod while mowing and head banging! That’s what I do up here in WI and it cracks the neighbors up!

22. Bethany
    Posted July 24, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic! Time to trade in the lobsters for some crabs :-)