Candles (The preceding title is Exhibit A in the case of The Day Job That Sucked The Creativity Out of Me.)

Candles

Taken a couple Saturdays ago at a very ritzy benefit gala that Wonder Woman and I — as well as her brothers, their wives, and my mother-in-law — attended in Philadelphia. Kudos to my mother-in-law for buying our tickets, because very ritzy benefit galas remain well outside of our budget these days … as do other high-priced items like, you know, chewing gum.

Here’s an iPhone shot of the lovely soiree:

Big night out in Philly

This is the kind of thing my mother-in-law and father-in-law had for years been looking forward to doing with us if and when we ever decided to move to Pennsylvania. Needless to say, I was a bit choked up several times throughout the night.

My mother-in-law said afterward that it was a really significant night for her, because she had such a great time with the six of us by her side. I think it helped her to see the potential for many more good times with her family in the years to come. I’m glad we were there to help lift her up.

1. Posted March 23, 2011 at 4:47 am | Permalink

That explains so much – it must be my day job that is sucking the very life-force out of me! Thanks for shedding some light on that for me.

The gala looks very fancy – I’m glad you were all there for her.
    Gigi´s most recent blog post: Im getting more wrinkle-y by the minute – I need your help!My Profile

2. Cynthia Earle
    Posted March 23, 2011 at 7:27 am | Permalink

For one so sucked dry of creativity I still enjoy every word you write. You must have started with a s***load.

That looks like UArts (my daughter went there and loved it). Was the gala something to do with UArts?

3. Posted March 23, 2011 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Glad y’all got to do something enjoyable and, as we say ’round here, “high-falutin’.”
    Muskrat´s most recent blog post: 912 days without a golden shower!My Profile

4. Posted March 23, 2011 at 9:51 am | Permalink

So glad y’all were able to make that memory together.
    watercolor´s most recent blog post: Its Moving!!!My Profile

5. Posted March 23, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

All I can hear in my head when I look at that BEAUTIFUL picture of the candles is my husband saying, loudly, “UNATTENDED FLAME.” Because apparently he died a firey death in a previous life.
    MidLifeMama´s most recent blog post: The Dude AbidesMy Profile

6. Posted March 24, 2011 at 11:53 am | Permalink

It looks lovely. And your readers would love to see a pic of you and Wonder Woman in foraml attire.

7. Posted March 24, 2011 at 11:54 am | Permalink

…or, even informal attire…

Signed: The Typo Queen
    “Susan Says…”´s most recent blog post: How to Achieve Television Nirvana Through Dancing With the Stars- American Idol and Survivor- Part OneMy Profile

8. Posted March 24, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink

My comments are a train wreck today—I meant, for the love of God, FORMAL attire. I apologize for this display of poor behavior—and typing.

9. Posted March 25, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Great Pics. Philly is such a great town.

10. Posted March 29, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

I like how chewing gum doesn’t fit into your budget, but an iPhone does.
    Rachael´s most recent blog post: The Responsibility MonsterMy Profile

11. Suzanne
    Posted March 30, 2011 at 9:22 am | Permalink

I can’t believe you took such beautiful photos with an iPhone! What generation do you have, and did you use a special app when you took it?

More importantly, so glad you were able to spend such a lovely evening with your in-laws. I’m sure your father-in-law was looking down at all of you and smiling. Keep those thoughts with you. He will always be in your heart.

• Posted March 30, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

The candle photo was taken with a regular camera (Canon Rebel); the other shot was taken on an iPhone using an app called Camera+.