There's a storm brewing ... a storm of BLOGGING, that is! Yeah, baby! (Sorry; just trying to manufacture some excitement around here while I figure out what to do next.)

There’s a storm brewing … a storm of BLOGGING, that is! Yeah, baby! (Sorry; just trying to manufacture some excitement around here while I figure out what to do next.)

Actually, I’m working on my annual letter to my lovely daughter, and there’s a reason why, very early on in this blog’s evolution, I switched from writing my children monthly letters to writing my children yearly letters, and that reason is: They’re a crap ton of work to put together. (Plus, also? A letter per month to each of my kids? Can you say “Overkill”? Yeah, me too.)

So, in the meantime, I offer you this cool shot of a thunderstorm sprouting up over Philadelphia … which is even more impressive when you consider that it was taken by my son, who was seated in the back of my moving car as I navigated a traffic jam on I-95 following our departure from a recent Phillies game. Looks like I’ve got a new staff photographer. Kid’s gotta earn his keep.

1. Kathy
    Posted August 2, 2011 at 3:05 am | Permalink

Wow, great photo!

2. LindaSalem
    Posted August 2, 2011 at 6:31 am | Permalink

Way beautiful pic and I’m looking at it on my iPhone. I’m sure it’ll be even prettier on the laptop. Available for download as screensaver? You’ll have to start charging like the oh so savvy and amazingly talented Twenty Four at Heart.

I’m really glad you’re back, dude. Missed hearing about you and the family.

3. Posted August 2, 2011 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Spiffy photo, and it’s good to hear (see?) that you are back.
    Abersade´s most recent blog post: Reasons I love my wife – #1My Profile

4. Posted August 2, 2011 at 8:12 am | Permalink

dang! your kid’s got the eye alright. like father, like son.

5. Posted August 2, 2011 at 11:09 am | Permalink

What a pretty sky. Are you sure that was taken in Philadelphia? 🙂
    Kristen´s most recent blog post: I have the voice of an angel.My Profile

6. Posted August 2, 2011 at 11:15 am | Permalink

Gorgeous picture! Love those thunderstorms!
    Jill´s most recent blog post: Bublitchki Through the YearsMy Profile

7. Kristine N
    Posted August 2, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

So glad that you are back……. missed your sarcastic humor!!!

8. JB
    Posted August 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

That is a great pic!!

9. Posted August 2, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Cool! I used to write letters, sort of. More like emails. Or, tweets. They were short.
    Muskrat´s most recent blog post: solo and sober: a journeyMy Profile

10. Posted August 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

I like the look of the new site. It’s purdy.
    BuenoBaby´s most recent blog post: Pain by numbersMy Profile

11. Posted August 2, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

Gotta love those unexpected AMAZING shots!
    Gigi´s most recent blog post: Those *Bleeping* kids……or bad parenting…depends on how you look at it.My Profile

12. Posted August 3, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Wow, great photo Zan. The site looks great. Wish mine did.
    Pam´s most recent blog post: White EagleMy Profile

13. heidig
    Posted August 3, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Wow! I’m impressed – and a little dismayed – because that picture is better than any I’ve ever taken.

14. Pejibaye
    Posted August 3, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

So glad you’re back. Is it my computer (or my settings)? You web site runs off the right side of the screen. It’s the only one that does that.

15. Posted August 4, 2011 at 1:22 am | Permalink

I like your idea of a yearly letter. That’s definitely doable.

16. Posted August 9, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

I think a monthly letter would be appropriate in their teenage years, that way you can be sure to remind them of all the stupid shit they did so they can laugh at it.

My mother did something when I turned 25 – she went through all my old journals from when I was 14 – 17 and marked them with her own commentary. I laughed, and cried, and it’s one of my most treasured possessions.

I think my favorite comment that stemmed from it was somewhere in the middle, she wrote, “This entry has me convinced you changed your boyfriend more often than you changed underwear.”
    Stephanie´s most recent blog post: Dear Gordon BeckhamMy Profile