Proof that Pixar should have hired me to draw Lightning McQueen

This is me standing next to the Lamborghini that I happened upon while in Philadelphia this past weekend. As you can see, I had my camera with me … which was fortuitous, as it allowed me to capture a fabulous photograph of this kick-ass automobile. And I had fully intended to show you that photograph. However, despite going out of my way last night to make sure that I would be able to access from my work computer today the photograph in question, the Internet has chosen to instead flip me the digital bird.

(I’m flipping the Internet the digital bird right back.)

(The Internet doesn’t care.)

(I’m doing it anyway.)

Now, you might be saying to yourself, “Jon, why on earth would you take a picture of someone else’s car?” And I get that … because, normally, I wouldn’t do any such thing. Unless, of course, the car was a Lamborghini, an earlier version of which I fell in love with at the tender age of 11 (thank you, “Cannonball Run“), and every version of which I’ve coveted madly ever since. And given the automobile’s roughly $300,000 price tag, I can say with great certainty that I wish I had instead fallen deeply in love with something more in my price range … like, you know, a roller skate.

So, let’s review: Not only can I not get my hands on an actual Lamborghini of my own … I can’t even get my hands on the picture I took of someone else’s Lamborghini.

This about sums up how my Monday is going.

Sigh.

This entry was posted in Life. Bookmark the permalink.

1. Posted December 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

–>You could always wear the jacket that says Lamborghini like Joey did with the Porsche on Friends.
    WebSavvyMom´s most recent blog post: Wordless Wednesday – Puppy SpectaclesMy Profile

2. Posted December 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

That is a sad story, mister.

3. Posted December 12, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

Look, you at least have your blog decorated for Christmas right? Easy on yourself.
    Meg at the Members Lounge´s most recent blog post: Books for the Holidays!My Profile

4. Posted December 12, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

I totally get it. I covet a black Range Rover with a sound system that will put a crack in my driveway. But I’ll never get it. And I can’t even draw a picture of it.
    Team Suzanne´s most recent blog post: Tis’ the seasonMy Profile

5. Posted December 12, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

I am constantly flipping the bird at the Internet/my computer/other drivers/co-workers and none of them care either…..but I do it anyway. It makes me feel better.
    Gigi´s most recent blog post: Okay Google, sure it might be for selfish reasons on the surface, but really I’m looking out for your best interests in the long run (or Don’t Take Away Google Friend Connect….I’m begging you!)My Profile

6. Posted December 12, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

My other car is a drawing of a Porsche
    DogsOnDrugs.com´s most recent blog post: The Week In ReviewMy Profile

7. Nicole
    Posted December 13, 2011 at 12:15 am | Permalink

Ah, those first world problems we have….

• Posted December 13, 2011 at 7:01 am | Permalink

This is true.

• Nicole
        Posted December 14, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Don’t worry, I’ve been stressing on when to get my car detailed with the Groupon I purchased. These are real problems, you know.

8. Posted December 13, 2011 at 12:17 am | Permalink

At least you can spell it.
    Susan Says…´s most recent blog post: The Mall at Christmas, Part One…RevisitedMy Profile

9. Posted December 13, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

I’m guessing you didn’t draw fluid leaking out of the Lamborghini, because there wasn’t any.
    BuenoBaby´s most recent blog post: A Peek Into Our Home: Day 2My Profile

10. Frannie
    Posted December 13, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

I have never had a Lamborghini, Porsche, Range Rover, or any other car make me laugh like reading you blog does. However, the time my father lost his false teeth while roller skating made me and my sisters seize up. Ha! (and true)

11. Kevin
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

What again happened to the picture?hehe Anyway, I hope you acquire your dream car or at least succeed taking a picture of it. Thank you for an entertaining story.
    Kevin´s most recent blog post: Brainwave Entrainment Using Binaural BeatsMy Profile