When you buy a $300,000 car, do you take out an auto loan … or a mortgage? (Actually, I’m guessing you pay for it with a bag of unmarked bills.)

So here’s that Lamborghini I was telling you about. It was parked outside the Rittenhouse Hotel in Philadelphia, widely considered the nicest hotel in the city. Wonder Woman and I stayed in a luxurious and spacious suite there on our wedding night way back in 1998. Back then, as a young lad in my 20s, I dared to dream that I might one day be able to afford such a car. Thirteen years later, I can’t afford to spend a night at the hotel it was parked in front of.

Might be time to reevaluate my game plan.

1. Posted December 14, 2011 at 10:27 am | Permalink

I can maybe afford a picture of the hotel and car. Does that count?
    The Domestic Goddess´s most recent blog post: The Latest in Funeral FashionMy Profile

2. Posted December 14, 2011 at 10:40 am | Permalink

I can honestly say, now, that I never knew how much it would cost to raise children. I miss the days when all we had to buy the kids were diapers and formula. We complained about the expense then BUT WE DIDN’T KNOW what was to come. Maybe I should get a job washing expensive cars?
    BuenoBaby´s most recent blog post: A Peek Into Our Home: Day 2My Profile

3. Posted December 14, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

I hate to even tell you this, but I think that’s my father’s friend’s car. He visits the Rittenhouse for lunch often. Did you happen to see the plate and was it RSM ESQ? Cause that’s his car. And I hate to break it to you, but he did, indeed, pay cash for it.
    We hate him too.
    Penny´s most recent blog post: T1Parents, Read this at Bennet’s YDMVMy Profile

4. Posted December 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

I paid cash for mine. But then I woke up.

5. Posted December 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

I know, I have big plans for when we make it “big.” We’ve been working on it for the past 12 years, and then these 3 things appeared out of nowhere –and by that I mean my loins– and all of our money seems to dwindle and go to the food bill. But dream big, or go home, right?
    AlishaJaybird´s most recent blog post: Just Mail My Mother of the Year Award to MeMy Profile

6. Posted December 14, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

I don’t think I can even afford to look at that car!
    Gigi´s most recent blog post: So….I’ve been a *bit* Grinch-y this year….My Profile

7. Tom Lockstone
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

How about a little perspective.
    What, exactly, do you do with a car?
    Ding..Ding..Ding..Ding! That’s right dum-dum, you simply drive from point “A” to point “B”.
    Any Asshole that spends that kind of money on a car, should have all his wealth “redistributed”
    Do you have any idea how many abandoned animals could have their LIVES sparred with the difference of basic transportation and USELESS consumerism. Would you really drive that? Is that what you want your kids to aspire too?

• Andrea
      Posted December 20, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Lighten up! Jeez!

8. Posted December 14, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

There are other, easier ways to own that car. Unfortunately for you they involve having a great rack and almost no morals.
    DogsOnDrugs.com´s most recent blog post: Pitted, So Pitted!My Profile

9. Posted December 15, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

Bet me MONEY that the stupid shiny car doesn’t have enough cup holders.
    Lorca Damon´s most recent blog post: I’m Fairly Certain That I Might Be Satan. I Had No Idea.My Profile

10. JP
    Posted December 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

We like to refer to that as a “penis on wheels”.

11. Frannie
    Posted December 16, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Tom Lockstone. Win! Fave comment ever.

12. Posted March 11, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

You should come to L.A. I see Bentley’s, Ferrari’s, and Lambo’s just driving to the grocery store 2 min away from my house. It’s not uncommon to see at least 10 exotic cars on a Friday night, especially around the Sunset strip. It’s also not unusual to find yourself parked next to a Bentley or Maserati etc.

13. Posted March 11, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

I work at an insurance agency and we ran a quote the other day for a Ferrari. Surprisingly, it came back just barely over what I pay for my ’02 Honda, haha